- Poverty alleviation
- Humanitarian protection
- Disaster assistance
- Health and nutrition
- Zakah beneficiaries
To ApplyTo apply for a grant from IRUSA, you will need to provide the following (for specific information about grants for domestic/USA projects, see the numbered list below):
- Information about your organization (as required in the application)
- IRS Tax exemption letter
- Proof of valid state registration
- A narrative and financial proposal that includes explanations about the following:
- why you are requesting the grant
- how the grant will be used
- what other financial resources are available to your organization
Key Policy Restrictions on Domestic Grant ApplicationsPlease note the following restrictions when applying for a domestic grant from IRUSA:
- The amount sought cannot exceed IRUSA’s $25,000 maximum allowance per grant.
- Administrative costs associated with the project cannot exceed 25% of the total budget. IRUSA expects a minimum of 75% of the grants to be spent on actual project activities.
- IRUSA does not award grants solely to fund infrastructure projects (i.e., remodeling, renovation or construction of buildings or other structures, or other capital improvements).
- IRUSA does not award grants that are 100% administrative in nature (e.g., an employee’s salary, etc).
*PLEASE NOTE: If you are interested in applying for a Zakah Partnership, check out this page.
Training and Sample Resources
- Check out this grants applicant tutorial document.
- Review this model proposal: emergency housing proposal.
- Review this model proposal: health services.