Are you interested in helping neighbors struggling with hunger? Sign up to be an Islamic Relief USA Giving Grain volunteer, and turn your extra time into good deeds.
Islamic Relief USA is looking for volunteers to help distribute food to local community members regularly. Volunteers must attend a brief Islamic Relief USA training.
New volunteers should use the form below to apply for opportunities at Islamic Relief USA offices around the nation. Returning volunteers can use the form to update their records with new contact information.
Questions? Connect with our Volunteer Management Office via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-855-447-1001.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Register and check-in clients for service
- Interview clients for referrals to other services
- Help stock and maintain food at the pantry
- Help clients select and bag food
Qualifications and Competencies
- Must be 18+ years old
- Must be available during distribution hours
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Exhibits compassion and empathy
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs
- Must be in good health and able to be on your feet for hours at a time
- Team player
- Follows directions well
- Takes initiative